We’ve looked at a continuum of equipment/software solutions for videoconferencing, and yesterday a continuum of interactivity. Today, let’s think about a continuum of depth of learning…
Depth of Learning Continuum
- Some videoconferences require no preparation at all.
- Some videoconferences are only 5 minutes long! (see the suggested agenda here for Skype calls)
- Some content providers send a PDF of materials or a kit with materials for hands-on in-depth learning.
- Some projects, like Read Around the Planet, allow the teachers flexibility on how in-depth the videoconference really is.
- Some projects, like Hometown Holidays, require research, connect rigorously to the curriculum, and integrate multiple subject areas and required standards.
Have you experienced this continuum? Where do most of your videoconferences fall along the line? Any other insights to share? Please comment!