Today we had a great group of Korean War veterans to talk to our students locally and around the country. This is part of our Lest We Forget series that occurs in collaboration with our local Lest We Forget veterans organization.
Panel members participating today:
Red Sage, Jim O’Malley, Jim Brinkman, Jim Ball
Here is a sampling of the questions from today:
- What did you do in your leisure time?
- What techniques did you use in interrogation?
- How did the terrain affect combat?
- What impact did the Korean War have on American citizens?
- How did you feel about the firing of General MacArthur?
- Did you share a lot of experiences with soldiers from other UN countries?
- What lesson should we learn from the Korean War?
- Were you drafted or did you enlist?
- How often did you hear from home?
- How were both sides of prisoners of war treated?
Our high school Lest We Forget Vietnam session in May is full; but we still have room in the middle school version based on the book The Wall. May 17. Would love to have you join us!
Filed under: ASK Programs